Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies





Here I am, when I decided to put here a savory dish next, ended up making something sweet again.  It's not my fault really, although I am really fond of sweets.  It was my daughter, who all of a sudden demanded cookies yesterday afternoon.  First I thought about making my latest favorite ones, the Anzac biscuits, but then they are a little hard for the kids to bite on.  Then I remembered the chocolate chip cookie recipe I had in my cooking notebook.  It was given to me by my dear friend Misty, who was very passionate about cooking and thought me a lot about Indian food and chocolate deserts.  This is one of her recipes I believe, but I have changed it slightly as I didn't have any walnuts that was called in the recipe.  It could also be a little difficult for the kids to eat the walnuts. In addition, I put in a little bit cacao powder to make it look more chocolaty. The recipe is below, but as in all chocolate cookies you can replace some of the ingredients with other things like almonds with coconuts, hazelnuts, walnuts and chocolate chips with white ones or even with raisins.
 

This recipe makes about 16 cookies.

6 tablespoons of butter
1 cup of dark brown sugar
1/2 cup of white flour (you can use all-purpose or self-raising one, in which case you can exclude the baking powder)
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 tablespoon of cacao powder
1 egg beaten
2 teaspoons of vanilla sugar
1/2 cup of crushed almonds
1/2 cup of chocolate chips
a pinch of salt

Start with melting the butter and leave it cool down for few minutes. Whisk the sugar and vanilla sugar in with the butter until the mixture becomes a little thick. Beat in the egg slowly. Add in the flour and the baking powder, the cacao with the salt and whisk until you have a nice creamy mixture. Then take a spoon and mix in the almonds and chocolate chips. Pre-heat your oven to 180° (350° F - gas mark 6).  Prepare your baking tray with baking sheets over them.  Put spoonfuls of the mixture on the baking sheet by leaving enough space in between. Don't try to shape the cookies cause then you'll end up having a mess. They for a round shape beautifully when they are baking. Stick them in your pre-heated oven for about 15 minutes. After they are done let them cool before you take the first bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment