Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Potato salad


You may think "Why on earth she's putting a potato salad recipe?".  Mainly because this is by far the best potato salad on earth.  It's my mother's recipe and although I have tried other potato salads, this still remains my favorite by far.  It has plain and natural flavors, not so many ingredients.  No cream, no butter, no mayonnaise, no vegetable stock.  It has the best flavor combination.  I've tried the vegetable stock version of the potato salad, which I think is a typical way of adding flavor to the potatoes around here, however I much prefer the natural potato taste in this version.  This goes perfect with grilled meat dishes in the summer and you can keep in the fridge for 2-3 days without a problem.  I made a lot of it this time, because I absolutely love the left over of this salad.  I think that it tastes even more delicious the next day.  If you have time, prepare the salad couple of hours in advance so that potatoes can absorb the dressing a little bit more.
I have slightly modified the salad dressing this time by adding some mustard.  I would like to hear from you if you try this salad.


700 g potatoes
2 spring onions - chopped
a handful of fresh parsley - finely chopped

Salad dressing
3 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of canola oil
1 teaspoon of mustard
1 tablespoon of apple vinegar
1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon of salt
some freshly milled black pepper

Cook your potatoes by boiling them in water without peeling them.  Be careful not to overcook them.  After they are done let them cool.  When they are cool enough, peel and dice them.  After you chop your onions with their green bits, add them onto the potatoes.  Prepare your dressing by mixing all your ingredients in the above list.  Pour the dressing into the salad and stir it all very slowly.  Try not to mash the potatoes while you are doing this.  At last add the chopped parsley to the salad.  Leave the salad to rest for about an hour before you serve.  

2 comments:

  1. i really miss this salad, will do it soon... thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday I tried this potato salad the way you described, and it was DELICIOUS! I used the apple vinegar for the first time and the dressing was really good. Thanks Sanemcim...:)

    ReplyDelete